New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
04-28-2019, 01:04 PM
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
(04-28-2019 10:11 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  I saw the very end of the show. Ramy Romany interviews a human remains collector who gave his name as "Robert." The interview goes smoothly until Romany asks "Robert" about the Booth mummy. "Robert" says he has seen the mummy since the 1970s, but he won't say if he owns it or not. Romany tries to nail "Robert" down, but "Robert" says the time is not right to give out information about where the mummy is, etc. Romany is disappointed and leaves "Robert's" house in a hurry. The viewer is left believing "Robert" knows a lot more than he is willing to say (assuming "Robert" is telling the truth about what little information he was willing to give out).

The "teaser" information leading up to the show led in the direction that facial recognition computer programs would be used to "prove" that supposed photos of John St. Helen and David E. George that have been in circulation for over a century were indeed of Booth. The outcome on TV basically said there was a possibility, but no proof. Romany asked the expert what would prove it, and the reply was "DNA," of course.

From there, the original premise of the show went down the drain and the remaining time was spent upholding the purpose of the show -- finding the mummy! After all, the title of this series is "Mummies Unwrapped."

Personally, I found the remainder of the show rather disgusting as the cameras took us to a personal museum in Texas where all sorts of desecrated human specimens are displayed and finally to Silver Spring, Maryland, where the Booth mummy supposedly once resided -- all this leading up to a climax where the most disgusting mummy of all was found in a "secret place" within the family home and covered with a white sheet. The sheet was drawn back to reveal what I guess was a human once upon a time.

With that, our mummy chaser feigned disgust and disappointment, left the house in a huff, and that ended the show. Once again, history is made to look ridiculous to the average viewer, imo.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon - L Verge - 04-28-2019 01:04 PM