New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
04-20-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
Quote from Ramy Romany regarding the hunt for JWB: "If John Wilkes Booth got away with the most notorious crime in American history, that is ludicrous."

Back to the photos of the mummy of David E. George: Am I the only one who thinks that the George mummy, fully dressed and sitting upright in a chair at Penniman's mortuary in Enid, Oklahoma, is not the same mummy as the one that is shown naked from the torso up and lying flat? The shape of the head and the facial features just don't seem to match to my untrained eye.

One more comment about the mummy and the carnival circuit: The point was made about the heavy concentration of arsenic that was used by Mr. Penniman in the process of preserving Mr. George. Some experts like Dr. John K. Lattimer often commented on how toxic that body was and that maybe that is one of the reasons it "disappeared" into private hands after WWII when railroads might have refused to ship it as part of the carnival circuit. There is one source that mentions the early carnival days when the owners carried it around in a typical carnival wagon and slept with it between them at night in that same wagon.

P.S. Would have loved to know Nate Orolowek's thoughts once the mummy hunt by Ramy Romany failed. Of course, Nate does not hang his whole theory on the mummy being Booth. Since he was a teenager, he has supposedly tracked a variety of other JWBs around the country. To me, so many stories of a variety of "Booth" escapees only lessens the chances that the assassin escaped.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon - L Verge - 04-20-2019 02:26 PM