New Information on How John Surratt Escaped Punishment?
04-01-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: New Information on How John Surratt Escaped Punishment?
Quote:Years later John Surratt sold the papers to an Oklahoma painter named David George. George, a retired actor living under an assumed name hoped to turn the book into a play. After editing the book for the theater, he rented the Enid Opra House with his production now titled, The Spy Who Loved Me, only to die from an apparent suicide. The play forgotten until recently discovered in a box of old dishes at a weekend flea market in West Virgina.

Gene.

Just a couple of minor flaws in your thesis. The play was actually titled "The Emperor's New Clothes" and the reason it was never produced was that all the actors and actresses had ten days (not twelve) of hair and fingernail growth that just grossed audiences out.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Information on How John Surratt Escaped Punishment? - Rob Wick - 04-01-2019 04:17 PM