Soldier dies while trying to vote during Civil War
11-15-2018, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2018 06:09 AM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: Soldier dies while trying to vote during Civil War
(11-14-2018 10:11 PM)JMadonna Wrote:  Good to know he continues to vote... in Broward county.

Why is there not a constitutional amendment offered giving equal weight to the vote of every citizen of the United States in the presidential election conducted every four years? "One citizen; one vote." If this had been done before the 2000 vote in Florida (and the rest of the country), there would have been no five-to-four vote of the "Republican" Supreme Court electing George Bush as President of the United States. And, Hillary Clinton would have won the presidential election in 2016, based on the majority of United States citizen votes cast throughout the United States.

And, what is the prediction regarding the presidential vote in 2020? Florida appears to be fairly evenly divided between Republican and Democratic voters as judged by the present still-undecided races for Governor and U. S. Senator in that state. Is the vote in Florida again going to decide who is to be President of the United States? If so, why don't we just have the presidential election conducted every four years in only the state of Florida? Or, maybe just Broward County voters should be able to vote for the President of the United States?

And, I just noticed that there is another story in today's New York Times titled "In Florida Recount, Sloppy Signatures May Disqualify Thousands of Votes." I don't think I that will bother reading that story. But just think of the implications regarding disenfranchisement (very likely) or possible instances of voter fraud (one man or woman could come into local voting precincts several times a day claiming to be somebody that they are not and voting early and often - very unlikely).

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Soldier dies while trying to vote during Civil War - David Lockmiller - 11-15-2018 05:43 AM