My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
01-15-2019, 11:53 AM
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
Let us remember that Sgt. Corbett gave two different answers as to why he shot Booth. To his superior he said God told him to do it, but when he testified before the Military Tribunal he said he believed Booth was going to fire his carbine.

Since Mike has told of his journey on the Assassination I'll tell mine. My profession is that of an IT professional. I live and breathe IT. I saw Ken Burns documentary series on the Civil War so I did some cursory research on the battles and the generals. The fascinating figure at the center of things for me was Abraham Lincoln. In school you are taught small bits about him and that he was shot and killed right at the end of the war. Ken Burns' documentary told a lot more about Lincoln the man. Researching him brought me a plethora of information, but Roger's site helped me delve a lot deeper. I Learned Lincoln was a man like everyone else in his time, but when it came time to be a leader he stepped up and showed his greatness. His assassination has so many nuances. Mike has chosen the shadowy path of conspiracy at every turn. I'm afraid that produces little fact, in my opinion. There are archives and diaries and trial transcripts that paint a much clearer picture to my mind.

Thank you,
Gust

They have killed Papa dead
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - GustD45 - 01-15-2019 11:53 AM