Robert Arnold's Book The Conspiracy Between John Wilkes Booth and the Union Army
10-26-2018, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2018 09:16 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Robert Arnold's Book The Conspiracy Between John Wilkes Booth and the Union Army
(10-26-2018 05:57 PM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  
(10-26-2018 05:38 PM)AussieMick Wrote:  Mike, I really dont know why you continue with the issue of the bullet transiting downwards as if it proves the man was not Booth and Corbett couldnt have shot him. ( The issue of pistol or rifle is something else that I dont have enough knowledge to discuss ... except to say ... "So what? Can we be sure Corbett didnt have a rifle? )

As I have posted before its more than likely that Booth, or whoever it was, was stumbling or on his knees or even crawling in desperation to get out of the barn. So any bullet fired at his head would ... transit downwards.

The descriptions that we have as to what happened immediately before the shot lack any real detail (as far as I have read anyway). Corbett would have been under pressure to explain why he fired and wouldnt want to admit killing a crippled man on his knees.

Corbett said that the man was standing up, that the man was raising his weapon, and that that's why he shot him. Every account that we have from the people who were there says the man was standing up. Every newspaper depiction of the man published in the aftermath of the event, based on those accounts, showed him standing up.

Plus, there's the ballistics and forensic problem that the bullet was originally labeled a rifle bullet and that the damage to the spine is clearly indicative of the damage caused by a high-velocity rifle bullet, which is probably why the bullet was originally labeled as a rifle bullet. Having researched bullet behavior extensively in my research on the JFK case (e.g., http://miketgriffith.com/files/forensic.htm), I know a thing or two about this issue, and Dr. Arnold is on very solid ground in noting the indications that the damage must have been done by a high-velocity rifle bullet.

I think the words "labeled a rifle bullet" are incorrect here. Hasn't the bullet that killed Booth been lost to history? Didn't it cut a clear entrance and exit wound? Would it not have ended up on the floor of the barn to be damaged by fire, or best to have lasted in the ruins until the 1940s when bulldozers would push it through mounds of dirt in clearing the path for the building of U.S. Route 301 (and disturbed perhaps again as that road was turned into a dual-lane highway)?

Isn't the one on display with Booth's vertebrae at the AFIP museum there to represent the type of bullet that would have created the dimensions of the bullet that passed through those vertebrae? Dimensions that don't fit a rifle caliber?

But of course, it just dawned on me that you probably will next claim that those vertebrae didn't come from Booth; they were picked from a storage pile of vertebrae to match the caliber of a pistol in order to continue the government's dastardly cover-up...

Isn't the purpose of your continued posting of the same redundant information to say it for so long that readers start to believe it? Isn't that a first step in brainwashing?

I also want to add that my family owned two tobacco farms that were worked by tenant farmers when I was a child, so I have been in and out of tobacco barns many times. Your description of the angle and trajectory of the bullet would place the shooter either on a step ladder outside the barn or standing on tobacco-stick "rafters" inside the burning barn. What is your take on where the soldier was standing who fired the shot -- assuming that it was not necessarily Corbett?

The only thing that I like about your theory on the matter is that it proves Booth did not commit suicide by placing the pistol/rifle in that awkward position at the back of his neck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robert Arnold's Book The Conspiracy Between John Wilkes Booth and the Union Army - L Verge - 10-26-2018 09:10 PM