Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
08-14-2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
(08-13-2018 03:55 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Oh, man! I don't know where to begin when I'm trying to topple David from his bully pulpit... But, I would like it to be known that, personally, (even though he tends to get my dander up), I do learn some Lincoln things from his sermons (said with respect). However, when he can't make a Lincoln distinction and starts down the liberal path of suggesting things like nuclear war, I shut down.

I had written:

June 13, 2018 - Trump claims North Korea is "no longer a nuclear threat."

Since this statement is true, when does the transport of nuclear weapons from Korea to the United States for the confirmed destruction of these weapons begin?

Laurie, you then wrote in response:

However, to satisfy David's request to cite what I consider reputable sources: The Wall Street Journal (which some of our museum volunteers share with me); The Washington Post (even though I canceled them because some of their editorials kept ticking me off); usually anything run under an Associated Press byline; National Public Radio; occasionally catch BBC postings, and consider them a good source for the European world view of America.

Now, David, take a deep breath - when I really want to know in-depth coverage of an event, political debate, etc., I turn on Fox News! As of January 2018, it is considered the most trusted of the television news stations.

Laurie, as it is considered the most trusted of the television news stations, you may want to read this July 2, 2018 Fox News Report (published three weeks after President Trump's statement): "North Korea reportedly expands major missile plant: report." It lists in order as "trustworthy" sources: the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the Associated Press, and Fox News Sunday.

The North Korean government is reportedly putting the finishing touches on the expansion of a major missile plant just weeks after Kim Jong Un’s summit with President Trump in Singapore.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the plant’s satellite images were examined by researchers in Middlebury Institute of International studies in Monterey, Calif. The researchers told the paper that the completion of the plant happened at about the same time as Trump was meeting Kim.

A separate organization reported that it noticed that upgrades were also being made on the country’s main nuclear-research center.

The Washington Post on Saturday cited unnamed U.S. intelligence officials as concluding that North Korea does not intend to fully surrender its nuclear stockpile.

Evidence collected since the June 12 summit in Singapore points to preparations to deceive the U.S. about the number of nuclear warheads in North Korea’s arsenal as well as the existence of undisclosed facilities used to make fissile material for nuclear bombs, according to the report.

It said the findings support a new, previously undisclosed Defense Intelligence Agency estimate that North Korea is unlikely to denuclearize.

A U.S. official told The Associated Press that the Post’s report was accurate and that the assessment reflected the consistent view across U.S. government agencies for the past several weeks. The official was not authorized to comment publicly on the matter and requested anonymity.

John Bolton, a national security adviser for President Trump, told “Fox News Sunday” that he would not comment on these reports on intelligence that were apparently leaked to the media.

Laurie, my question to you is: Do you now agree with President Trump's statement claim of June 13, 2018 that North Korea is "no longer a nuclear threat" or the subsequent contrary statements made in the Fox News Report of July 2, 2018?

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump - David Lockmiller - 08-14-2018 11:46 AM