Today´s view of the conspirators
07-02-2018, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2018 03:15 AM by SofiJan.)
RE: Today´s view of the conspirators
(07-02-2018 04:28 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Hi Sofi, welcome to the forum! Very exciting you are from Sweden as we are virtually neighbors - I usually live in Kiel, Germany, which has a daily ferry connection to Göteborg and hence a lot of Swedish visitors...I'm afraid due to a very big exam next week I currently can just skim posts if anything, so I am not sure of Florida is on your list - two of my favorite as mystical places are there, Powell's grave, and Fort Jefferson. Much different from "commercial mass places" such as Ford's or Peterson House. Surratt museum, of course, and Booth Escape Tour, are two unforgettable "must-dos", too, and also have that authentic touching feel of getting a glimpse how it was (and great staff and bookstore...) And Gettysburg...
Back to the books...

Thank you! I actually live in Göteborg so I am very well acquainted with the Kiel- ferry. I have friends living in Germany so I´ve been mostly to Hamburg and around, but also in Berlin and southern Germany. Thank you for the sightseeing tips! I am going to Florida, specifically to visit Powell´s grave but if there is enough time I´d love to go to Fort Jefferson as well. I´m also visiting Surratt House, Gettysburg, the grave of David Herold, Ford´s Theatre, Mary Surratt´s Boarding House ( an Asian restaurant nowadays?), Richmond and much, much more.

(07-02-2018 05:20 PM)Thomas Kearney Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 04:09 PM)L Verge Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 01:43 PM)SofiJan Wrote:  It would be amazing to meet you Laurie and also Betty if she is able to find the time.

I might be able to rearrange my schedule a bit in order to find a day that would suit you better if the weekend is a bad time. Also, I would love to spend some time in the research center!

Betty - I figured out who you are while reading various forum threads. In my search for information on Powell, your book has meant the world to me!

How much of the Booth trail would you like to see? Most of the sites are still in existence. A good idea would be to visit Surratt House on the Friday, take the tour and use the research center. If you would like to see all (or at least some) sites, you could do that on Saturday.

I should be able to get you a good rate at our local hotel if that would help time-wise and if you don't already have arrangements engraved in stone. I'll PM you.

I recommend the book "In The Footsteps of an Assassin" by Mike Kauffman, which has an audio tour CD.

Thank you, Thomas! I will look it up!

And now the moment of truth - did I manage to use the quote system correctly or will the entire screen look like a Picasso painting when I press "Post reply"?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today´s view of the conspirators - SofiJan - 07-02-2018 06:32 PM