Just read - no comments needed
06-08-2018, 04:09 PM
RE: Just read - no comments needed
The last two posters have made some "wild" assumptions. I was born in San Antonio and am fully aware of the norths complicity in the slave trade. But unlike the south the north has no memorials commemorating those responsible for the suffering. Brown Univ. whose founders John and Moses were two of the most prolific in shipping slaves from Africa, addresses this with every student entering the school acknowledging its background and has worked with civil rights organizations to create sensitivity classes which have been added to the curriculum. I have located the final resting place of almost every slave ship captain in Boston, Providence, Nantucket etc. and have never found a memorial in any cemetery honoring them. This is not a north/south issue Bill so please stop calling me a Yankee. The war ended along time ago, at least for most of us; except for the majority of posters on this site which is suppose to honor the actions of our most famous president, not every time someone mentions taking down a statue of Nathan Bedford Forest and that majority starts posting (with no comments needed), woe is me, they are trying to destroy the confederacy again! Laurie, Joe, Bill, you say I do look at things from both sides. How does the other side view, in a progressive and intelligent manner the display of confederate monuments when they are utterly offensive to African-Americans?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Just read - no comments needed - L Verge - 06-06-2018, 06:38 PM
RE: Just read - no comments needed - Rsmyth - 06-08-2018 04:09 PM
RE: Just read - no comments needed - Steve - 06-08-2018, 05:48 PM