Construction at the Wok N Roll
09-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Construction at the Wok N Roll
Back in June, I posted this picture on my blog of the interior of the former Surratt boardinghouse, now Wok N Roll resturant:

[Image: mystery-1.jpg]

It was part of a quiz seeing if people could identify what it was. A few weekends ago, Lindsey and I visited D.C. and grabbed a late sushi lunch at the Wok N Roll. Before entering, we noticed two large green signs on the door with a lot of text. We didn't have time to read them, and we entered just hoping they weren't from the Health department. Sitting inside the resturant, I felt something was different but didn't know what. Then I realized that they had put in a new ceiling between the ground floor and the one above. Sitting in the resturant now, you can no longer see these second floor windows. As was customary in the dirty olden days, the second floor served as the main entrance to the building. The windows in my picture were on the same level as the entry floor.

[Image: surrattthen.jpg]

While I think the new ceiling/floor in the Wok N Roll makes the resturant a little darker, at least this alteration makes the building a little bit like how it was in 1865.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Construction at the Wok N Roll - Dave Taylor - 09-25-2012 09:36 AM