Congratulations and Best Wishes
04-15-2018, 09:20 PM
RE: Congratulations and Best Wishes
Kate and I would like to thank you all for your well wishes about our recent wedding. As Laurie has already described we made sure to imbue every part of the day with our shared interest in Lincoln and his assassination. I wish I had some pictures to share with you all but we won’t have the professional photographer’s pictures for a couple of weeks and, unsurprisingly, we were a little busy and didn’t really take any of our own. When we finally do get the pictures, I’ll be sure to post them here.

And, yes, as a child owls were my favorite animals. I had dozens of owl figurines, stuffed animals, books, toys, everything. I absolutely loved owls and wanted nothing more than to grow up to be an ornithologist or raptor rehabilitator. While my career direction changed, I still have a strong passion for owls. Three years ago we met a man named Mike who does some re-enacting as historical figures. He and Kate actually did a re-enactment together as George Atzerodt and Mary Surratt a couple of years back (with a sequel planned for July). In a fortuitous twist of fate, Mike also does outdoor education in Charles County and has access to raptors. Mike was very gracious when I approached him with the idea of having some feathered guests at the wedding reception. I think they were a hit.

I promise to provide pictures when I get them. Until then, thank you all again for your kind words and support. Speaking for Mrs. Taylor and myself, I can tell you how much we appreciate them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Congratulations and Best Wishes - L Verge - 04-13-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: Congratulations and Best Wishes - Dave Taylor - 04-15-2018 09:20 PM