Where did the Lincolns live after the Globe Tavern?
04-13-2018, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2018 11:45 AM by Rob Wick.)
RE: Where did the Lincolns live after the Globe Tavern?
Roger,

For the past year or so I've had a researcher going through the Beveridge papers in the Library of Congress for my Tarbell project. Nothing from Jacob Thompson (she's going through them alphabetically and just got through the "S's"). It will be a while (likely a couple of weeks at the earliest) before I will send her back. At that time I wouldn't mind having her copy that letter for me.

I did a quick search of Beveridge's book and he mentions the house on Fourth Street but, ironically, doesn't cite a source. I say ironically because Beveridge generally fetishized footnotes, in part because of his intense dislike for Tarbell's methods.

No access to the Illinois State Journal, however.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did the Lincolns live after the Globe Tavern? - Rob Wick - 04-13-2018 11:34 AM