Richard Reynolds Montgomery-Spy Extroidinary
01-06-2018, 08:29 AM
RE: Richard Reynolds Montgomery-Spy Extroidinary
Thank you John for your research, I find it very interesting.

A quick Google search, and this was all I could find. ( Only a quick search) It's from an 2008 article by John Fazio in the Cleveland Civil War Round Table - Confederate Complicity in the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln (Part 3)
"At the trial, Richard R. Montgomery, allegedly a Federal spy, claimed to know most of the Confederate agents in Canada. He said that in January, 1865, Jacob Thompson told him of a plan to kill Northern leaders and that Thompson supported it, but was not allowed to proceed with it until Richmond gave a green light.

All three (Montgomery, Merritt and Dunham) were later shown to have perjured themselves, but one has to ask, why?

http://clevelandcivilwarroundtable.com/a...icity3.htm

He is mentioned in Edward Steers - 'The Lincoln Assassination Encyclopedia' p. 378.
"As damaging as the testimony of Montgomery and the others appear to have been, it all fell apart when alll three came under attack by the press, which claimed all three men had committed perjury. Their stories all began to unravel when reporters could not verify most of their claims."

I'm curious, what about Montgomery has sparked your interest?

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Richard Reynolds Montgomery-Spy Extroidinary - Gene C - 01-06-2018 08:29 AM