New Lucy Lambert Hale pic? (picture heavy)
09-21-2012, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 12:20 AM by Jenny.)
New Lucy Lambert Hale pic? (picture heavy)
I've only seen three pictures of Lucy Lambert Hale Chandler before; the one found on Wilkes' body, a full length one of "Lucy" posed in a beautiful dress, and a picture of an older Lucy. (Well, there is that really fuzzy one that is supposed to be Lucy reading to her sister, Lizzie, but I can't really make out facial details so I'm not counting it.)

Since then, it was determined that the full length picture of "Lucy Hale" is actually a picture of Harriet Lane, President Buchanan's niece.

Originally thought to be Lucy Hale:
[Image: harriet_zps87c5d2c5.jpg]
Harriet Lane (in same dress with same hairstyle and same backdrop):
[Image: harrietlane_zpsd2ffa508.jpg]
[Image: harrietlane2_zps38ef95e6.jpg]

I think that's definitely Harriet and not Lucy without a shadow of a doubt! So that leaves us with only two pictures of the real Lucy.

Famous Lucy image found on JWB's body:
[Image: Lucy_Hale_zps1a8603d2.jpg]

Older Lucy (not sure when this was taken):
[Image: lucyolder_zpsdf4d839c.jpg]

However I was cruising around a genealogical site (geni.com) and actually found a picture said to be Lucy Lambert Hale Chandler that I'd never seen before now. Definitely another one taken later in life if that is indeed Lucy.

[Image: lucyhale_zps1097e2f2.jpg]

Neat picture, whoever it is! I love the little dog with her! What do you think about this? Lucy? Someone else? Can't tell?

Linked to Lucy in this particular family tree was, of course, her sister Lizzie. I'd never seen a clear picture of Lizze at all so I had to share and see what y'all think!

Elizabeth/Lizzie:
[Image: lizzie_large_zps81888c26.jpg]

"Lizzie" looks very similar in the face when you compare her picture to the known portrait of "older" Lucy posted at the top to me!

Just thought I'd share what I found and see what everyone thinks about these "new" pictures! (Perhaps they aren't new at all to anyone but me!) Tongue

While I'm at it, I must ask: does anyone have a picture of Lucy's signature or handwriting? I am helping a friend do some research on Lucy Hale, and she would love to see her handwriting.

I know there was that poem sold at auction in 1952 supposedly written by Lucy and JWB but I don't think there is a picture of the actual paper.

[Image: johnlucypoem_zpsa5dbc27c.jpg]

Interesting stuff! And it came with a picture of JWB "in costume?" I wonder where it ended up...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Lucy Lambert Hale pic? (picture heavy) - Jenny - 09-21-2012 12:13 AM
RE: New Lucy Lambert Hale pic? (picture heavy) - Hess1865 - 10-28-2012, 08:42 PM