Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall
09-27-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall
Izola Forrester, who wrote This One Mad Act, was a beautiful woman. Google her to find a photo. She was born to Ogarita in 1858, again in a common law situation. She took a stepfather's name (Henderson), but was later officially adopted by the Forrester family at age 15 when Ogarita died at age 32.

Izola married twice. Her first husband was Reuben Merrifield, who worked for Ringling Brothers Circus. They had five children before divorcing. I have met one of her descendants through the Merrifield line. Izola's second husband was Mann Page, by whom she had three children. I have met two of them. They are the lovely ladies that I referred to earlier.

To me, the outstanding thing about Izola Forrester is that she was a female pioneer in the field of journalism and silent films at the turn of the 20th century - a very prolific writer.

The family papers are extensive and are archived at Harvard University Library with the Arthur & Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America. In honor of James O. Hall, some items have been donated to the Hall Research Center at Surratt House Museum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Izola Martha Mills marriage certificate/note to Mr. Hall - L Verge - 09-27-2012 08:04 PM