Daredevils Of the Confederate Army
07-25-2017, 05:07 AM
RE: Daredevils Of the Confederate Army
(07-24-2017 09:19 PM)Gene C Wrote:  The Rev. Stephen Cameron is mentioned as well as a book he wrote on the Confederate Secret Service, of which I have been unable to find on the internet, and the author fails to include in his bibliography.

Gene, I have looked for this, too. Does the author specifically state it's an actual book? All I can find is what General Tidwell writes in an endnote for April '65:

"Stephen F. Cameron, manuscript notes for "History of the Confederate Secret Service," Museum of the Confederacy, Richmond, Virginia. Based on internal evidence, the manuscript was compiled at about the same time as the trial of John H. Surratt in 1867. It is evident at the time of the writing the author was in correspondence with Jacob Thompson and other figures active in the Confederate operations in Canada."

So maybe the book Cameron was intent on publishing never got that far? Maybe all that is available to researchers is the manuscript notes? Gene, could this be why the author does not include it in his bibliography?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daredevils Of the Confederate Army - RJNorton - 07-25-2017 05:07 AM