Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes
12-02-2012, 10:04 PM
RE: Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes
Dear Ms. Verge,

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I should also like to thank the staff at the Barnum Museum (CT) as it is they who indirectly pointed me to this symposium. Here's how I found the "USS Norton":

A staff member of at the Barnum Museum suggested that I contact Jim Garrett with regard to a question I had about P.T. So I googled Jim's name. The first hit was the "Lincoln DIscussion Symposium." I clicked the link and started to read the commentary.

I quickly recognized the name, Roger Norton. Could this be THE Mr. Norton who created The Abraham Lincoln Research Site? Wow! What a find!

I saw your posts, too, Ms. Verge, and had a good laugh when you described the group of tourists who made a quick stop at the Surratt House, looked at its history on a iPad, and then entered the museum to use the bathroom. Sadly, I think that happens at a lot of "interesting" places.

Also, I have read some glowing references about you and the Surrratt House (Ed Steers's books quickly come to mind.)

It was obvious that I was among giants, and I wanted to walk beside them. So I joined the symposium.

My "Lincoln Library" is vast - about 430 volumes - but far from complete. Nineteenth century books and newspapers are some of my favorite sources. Additionally, I have a "One Country, One Destiny" library of books, newspapers, and ephemera relative to the coat Mr. Lincoln wore on the fateful night of April 14, 1865.

I am so glad that I found this site, and I very much look forward to learning (and sharing) among the giants.

Sincerely,
Reignette
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes - ReignetteC - 12-02-2012 10:04 PM