Benjamin's letter to Jacob Thompson.
10-14-2016, 08:42 PM
RE: Benjamin's letter to Jacob Thompson.
Back from supper. Here we go again.
Gene C. A long time ago, I got the "Manuscript" from the Confederate Museum in Richmond. I do not remember if they have a Research Div. or a Librarian, or what ever, or if they still have it available.
Cliff Roberts Thanks for checking in "Newspapers". If Thompson "returned all money he withheld - directly, to Benjamin, Then Benjamin must have gotten more than a Million Dollars. I did read the amount in another source, but it was given in "Pounds", and I didn't know how to convert it to $$$.
Laurie. Check to see if you have a copy of the Manuscript. If you don't, we can remedy that.
John Fazio. "Why was the letter in Cleary's hand?" Cameron told us That he "Collected" all the Spy Info that he could. He never said it was all original Material, he copied some and Cleary copied some for him. And yes, Cleary was Thompson's secretary.
Next question - "Were is the Confederate Gold?". I don't want to tell you on this public source. It would be gone when we got there. There are barrels of Mexican Coins buried in identifiable places. They were too heavy for horse drawn wagons. I have a Kabota tractor, that can dig and tow, what are you doing next weekend?
PS. I have an on-going project, typing Cameron's Manuscript. It is a real Bugger. I have not finished more than 70 or 80 pages. I copied the original, with a printer, and glued it to the left side of a page, then started typing what I could read on the right side. Some people do not agree with my decyphering. (Neither do I.)
I couldn't find Niagara on the lake, I will hunt some more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Benjamin's letter to Jacob Thompson. - SSlater - 10-14-2016 08:42 PM