Timeless - a new television series
10-18-2016, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 08:19 PM by ELCore.)
RE: Timeless - a new television series
FTW, the story shows that Gen. Grant and Mrs. Grant were unable to get out of Washington City because of sabotage to the train, and thus they went with the Lincolns, rather than Maj. Rathbone and... I forget her name. The train was sabotaged because the bad guy wanted both Lincoln and Grant (and Johnson, too) to be killed: he succeeded in killing Lincoln but not Grant.

(10-17-2016 07:59 PM)Alan Trock Wrote:  Here is the link to the review: http://timetravelnexus.com/timeless-epis...m-lincoln/

Good review. I will comment on this, though:

Quote:A silly instance takes place when Lucy intentionally spills water on Grant causing him to leave the box. Was this done to ensure that Grant would be safe and not present when the assassin appears? Apparently not, as he returns before the assassin enters the box.

I think, yes, that was indeed the purpose of spilling the water; it did not work, however, as Grant came back quickly.

I have endured a great deal of ridicule without much malice; and have received a great deal of kindness, not quite free from ridicule. I am used to it. (Letter to James H. Hackett, November 2, 1863)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timeless - a new television series - ELCore - 10-18-2016 08:10 PM