Timeless - a new television series
10-11-2016, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 09:12 AM by BettyO.)
RE: Timeless - a new television series
Thanks for the link, Gene!

Clothing was pretty bad throughout. I hated Lucy's "satin/acetate" skirt worn with a thick black belt in the opening scenes..... nothing like that would have been worn on muddy streets. Her "evening gown" was pretty good - good cut, but she would have worn a shawl and kept her shoulders covered on such a chilly evening. Why would she wear evening/ball dress to a play anyway? How many of us dress formal to go to the movies nowadays? Same precept.....

Although JWB, Atzerodt and Powell looked really good, JWB's lack of a vest and the strange cravat/neckwear looked like he had a handtowel tied about his neck. Besides he really wore a blue flannel shirt to Ford's that night. His hat was also kinda dorky, like something bought at Party City..... Powell didn't even have a hat on when he went to Seward's! What was that about? Otherwise his attire looked pretty good. The kid playing him appeared to have "lifts" on - a 6' 1 1/2" guy isn't really that tall.

I'd say that over all, the clothing was pretty bad, but the sets were surprisingly quite good; probably CG. I still don't get why General and Julia Grant as well as Robert Lincoln were in the box at Fords.... Had Julia actually been there, I'm sure that the audience would have much preferred to watch the catfight in the box between Mrs. Grant and Mrs Lincoln rather than watching the play on stage.....

I'm much too critical - even thought I know it's all in fun.....sorry!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timeless - a new television series - BettyO - 10-11-2016 09:11 AM