Timeless - a new television series
09-15-2016, 11:48 AM
Timeless - a new television series
There is a new television series premiering on NBC this year called “Timeless”. I saw and advertisement for it last night. It looked interesting, so I looked it up online and found a listing for it - it looks like, as scheduled now, the second episode is about the Lincoln Assassination. I am a sucker for time travel shows (history lover!) so I will be checking this show out anyway, but I thought maybe some others may be interested if only for the Lincoln connection early in the season.

Show Description for Timeless:
“…this thrilling action-adventure series in which a mysterious criminal steals a secret state-of-the-art time machine, intent on destroying America as we know it by changing the past. Our only hope is an unexpected team: a scientist, a soldier and a history professor who use the machine's prototype to travel back in time to critical events. While they must make every effort not to affect the past themselves, they must also stay one step ahead of this dangerous fugitive. Can this handpicked team uncover the mystery behind it all and end his destruction before it's too late?”

Episode 1: “Pilot”
Scheduled air date: Monday, October 3, 2016 at 10:00 pm EST

Episode 2: “The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln”
Scheduled air date: Monday, October 10, 2016 at 10:00 pm EST

Here is a link to the website for the show:
http://www.nbc.com/timeless?nbc=1

I don’t know if anyone else remembers the tv show called “Voyagers” from the early 1980s, but the concept (although with a much lower production value I’m sure) is vaguely similar. Lincoln also appeared in an episode of the show entitled “The Day the Rebs took Lincoln”. You can watch the entire episode on youtube. I have included a link to that episode below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyWT7QPLH4

Enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Timeless - a new television series - STS Lincolnite - 09-15-2016 11:48 AM