The Atzerodts in the 1860 census?
08-05-2016, 03:50 PM
The Atzerodts in the 1860 census?
Has anyone on this great symposium of ours ever come across ANY members of the Atzerodt family in the 1860 census? I am most interested in George, of course, but I will honestly settle for any members of the family. I have struck out finding any of them.

I am about 90% sure that both George and his brother John C. were living in Charles County in 1860. They advertised their carriage business in the Port Tobacco Times from 1857 - 1859. In June of 1859, John Atzerodt is mentioned in an article out of Port Tobacco about a lightning strike at his home which melted part of a gun. In the 1863 draft lists, both John and Andrew (George), are listed as being unmarried and in Port Tobacco. So, it would be likely that they should be in Charles County in the 1860 census. But I can't find them anywhere even after trying a wide assortment of variations on their unique last name.

I also tried to locate them via some of their other siblings but brother Henry (Harry), and sisters Mary and Catherine are also nowhere to be found. I can't even find their mother Victoria in the 1860 census. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Atzerodts in the 1860 census? - Dave Taylor - 08-05-2016 03:50 PM