"STONEWALL"
07-20-2016, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2016 04:26 PM by PaigeBooth.)
"STONEWALL"
Last weekend, I had the pleasure of visiting General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson's Headquarters located in Winchester, Virginia.

Jackson's headquarters, which stands in its entirety, is an amazing place to visit.

Jackson loved this home, and described it as quote "beautiful" and "comfortable."

Before moving into his headquarters, Stonewall had been staying in the town of Winchester at the Taylor Hotel (which I saw during my visit)

Jackson's stay at the Taylor Hotel, however, was brief, because he was constantly disturbed by fans eager to meet him or simply catch a glimpse of the Southern hero. After moving out of the Taylor Hotel, Jackson moved into his official headquarters in Winchester.

I have attached a few pictures from Jackson's Headquarters. It is truly an incredible site filled with countless original pieces owned by Jackson. It is an amazing piece of history that is beautifully preserved. Jackson's Headquarters is truly a must-see!

Pictures:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"STONEWALL" - PaigeBooth - 07-20-2016 04:13 PM
RE: "STONEWALL" - Eva Elisabeth - 07-20-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: "STONEWALL" - RJNorton - 07-20-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: "STONEWALL" - DanielC - 07-20-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: "STONEWALL" - PaigeBooth - 07-21-2016, 12:38 PM