Did Mary Lincoln Suffer from Pernicious Anemia?
07-17-2016, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2016 12:14 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Did Mary Lincoln Suffer from Pernicious Anemia?
I have a general question of the times in which she died: How many autopsies were performed period in the U.S. - especially on people who died under a doctor's care with symptoms of their ailments already well-noted? How many of the deceased were even taken out of their homes at the time of death? Weren't many of the bodies prepared for burial and then brought to the family's parlor for viewing? Weren't many taken straight from the parlor to the cemetery for burial?

Wasn't this the case of Mary Lincoln?

For some reason, I remembered an analogy of two pine trees that grew intertwined until a storm destroyed one and caused the other to wither and die. Off I went a-googling and found the story in this link:

https://marylincolnscoterie.com/about/ma...d-funeral/

Thank you, Donna McCreary! And Mary Lincoln was one who had a church funeral after a home viewing. However, it does not appear that her body left the Edwards' home until time for the procession to the church.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Mary Lincoln Suffer from Pernicious Anemia? - L Verge - 07-17-2016 11:15 AM