washington post review of Ford's Theatre
08-03-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: washington post review of Ford's Theatre
(08-03-2016 06:35 PM)ReignetteC Wrote:  I spent some time last Friday reviewing files in an office at Ford's Theatre. While there, I "bought" a ticket for a museum tour and ranger talk. The price? ZERO. There is no admission fee to Ford's if obtained on site. There is a nominal fee to reserve a ticket via its Website.

We had 25 minutes to spend in the museum. That wasn't enough time for me, but for most folks, it was probably too long. (Crowds of folks sat on the floor while they waited to gain entrance to the theatre.)

I ran into Eric Martin (he did not give the ranger talk) and I passed along the good wishes from the forum members, especially Laurie. Then I ran into (almost literally) the "professor," Jim Garrett. I was especially glad to see Jim and I look forward to returning to D.C. with my family so they can "learn" from the professor on one of his amazing tours. We'll be back when it's a lot cooler.

I can't say enough great things about the NPS rangers at Ford's. I am really thankful for their expertise.

The rangers are great.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: washington post review of Ford's Theatre - Lincoln Wonk - 08-03-2016 06:55 PM