The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln
02-24-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln
(02-24-2016 03:29 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(02-24-2016 03:21 PM)L Verge Wrote:  The link that I am now going to recommend was a learning experience to me because it quoted a letter that Lincoln supposedly sent to one of his son's (Robert?) teachers. I have never even heard it mentioned before, so I hope one of our Lincoln experts will chime in and say that it is real. It is beautifully written, and as a used history teacher, I think it should be posted on every teacher's desk.

http://www.theworldofhandwriting.com/fam...g-analysis

Laurie, this is a common error. The letter is bogus (regarding Lincoln). However, in a few countries, especially India, the letter is (mistakenly) taught in some schools as being written by Lincoln. It is indeed a nice letter, but Abraham Lincoln did not write it.

Marharba, I do not know if you would be interested, but one of our forum members, Steve Woolf, has created an Abraham Lincoln handwriting font that could be downloaded and installed on your computer for emails, etc. Steve's Lincoln font is here.

Well, fudge! I would be happy to give Mr. Lincoln the honor of writing this letter. However, I will gladly send that honor to the real author (if known) because - to me - its concepts are some of the valuable tools that should be used in guiding anyone through life.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln - L Verge - 02-24-2016 04:20 PM