Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
12-11-2015, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2015 01:20 PM by Gene C.)
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
(12-11-2015 12:02 PM)maharba Wrote:  I continue to feel Lincoln was a deist, not an atherist

Both Darwin and Lincoln are often compared, both born the same day Feb 12, 1809.
Charles Darwin ... Darwin, ... Darwin ... Darwin ... Darwin... Darwin .... "Darwin .... Darwin ... Darwin ....Darwin ...In fact, Darwin was an atheist.

I continue to feel you have not made a connection between Darwin and Lincoln, and the two have nothing to do with each other, other than a shared birthday.
Do you know of of any letters between the two, record they ever met, or record where they even mention each other?

You seem to avoid answering questions about earlier comments by coming up with new questionable statements.

but Maharba, what about your other comments

"And that fits very well with Lincoln scorning it as "just some of Seward's nonsense"
"Didn't Chase write the last paragraph of the Emancipation Proclamation and to fittingly include GOD, over the objections of Lincoln?"
"Didn't Abraham Lincoln mock God and Christianity to 'sophisticated folks'?"
"And I'll add to them:
Why was Lincoln even in his final years so resistant to God in his edicts and addresses?"

I must confess there are times I have found that some of my pre conceived beliefs were not correct when given credible information that I was not aware of or had not considered seriously. I try to acknowledge this when it happens. If I have mistaken beliefs, I want to be corrected (just not all at once)

In spite of the occasional light hearted posts, most of us are serious about the study of Abraham Lincoln, and don't go chasing after myths and legends trying to present them as fact,
but rather try to share valid, credible and verifiable information.

**** This message will self destruct in 24 hours, if not before, if forum members send me a private message letting me know you feel it inappropriate.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread