Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
11-12-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
I hope no one thinks I am trying to change the subject here, but I found this article a few days ago, which appears to shed a little light on my own battle with doubts/questions about Christianity (i.e.: if human death existed from the beginning, how could Jesus Christ be the atonement for the Fall and resulting death for human beings?)

The article is written not by a theologian, but by a scientifically-minded person who taught chemistry, physics, music improvisation, etc. at the college level.

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/education/origins/death-cr.htm

Incidentally, I don't have a problem with the New Testament and all the miracles. It's the Old Testament that baffles me, particularly how it relates to the New Testament. Albert Einstein (who did not believe in a personal God) once said, "There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." IMO, this world is absolutely astounding; unfortunately it is at least as horrific as it is beautiful, but I have to believe that is not God's fault.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer - My Name Is Kate - 11-12-2015 03:03 PM