New from Kate Clifford Larson
09-11-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: New from Kate Clifford Larson
(09-10-2015 12:50 AM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  I was reading excerpts from the People Magazine article while standing in line at the supermarket tonight, and I was almost in tears. I'd had no idea of the traumatic circumstances of Rose Kennedy's labor and childbirth with Rosemary and what might have caused her disability. I understand that most of the Kennedy family declined to be interviewed for the book except for Anthony Shriver(son of Eunice, brother of Maria, nephew of JFK, RFK and Teddy) because he felt the story needed to be told.

And what a sad story it is. Rosemary was really the prettiest of the daughters Joseph and Rose Kennedy.

This book is going to be a best-seller, I think. Congratulations to Kate Larson!

This is so interesting! I saw the same article in People and wanted to read it. I am so happy to hear that a book has been done on Rosemary because her history is astonishing. That her father would have ever submitted her to a Frontal Labotomy. It was after the failure of that procedure that she has to be institutionalized for the rest of her life. I am putting this book on my list of reads, that is for sure. The Kennedy family never spoke much of Rosemary and it would be understandable that her only living sister wouldn't talk about it, even now. Can't wait to read this one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New from Kate Clifford Larson - L Verge - 08-18-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: New from Kate Clifford Larson - BettyO - 08-19-2015, 06:36 PM
RE: New from Kate Clifford Larson - BettyO - 09-05-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: New from Kate Clifford Larson - Gencor - 09-11-2015 08:35 PM
RE: New from Kate Clifford Larson - HerbS - 09-12-2015, 11:01 AM