The Conspiracy Between the Union Army and John Wilkes Booth to Assassinate Lin
08-09-2015, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 04:30 PM by Dave Taylor.)
The Conspiracy Between the Union Army and John Wilkes Booth to Assassinate Lin
Normally, I would just ignore a book like, The Conspiracy Between the Union Army and John Wilkes Booth to Assassinate Abraham Lincoln by Capt. Robert E. Arnold, M.D., USNRR. It appears to be yet another volume attempting to place the blame of Lincoln's death at the feet of Edwin Stanton and others. However, I'm not sure what to do about something I've just noticed.

The author of this book has these photos of John Wilkes Booth's vertebrae at the National Museum of Health and Medicine on the cover of his book:

[Image: long-conspiracy-book-title-cover.jpg?w=295]

[Image: stolen-vertebrae-images.jpg?w=731]

The problem is, those are my photos of Booth's vertebrae. I took them myself and posted them on my website in June of last year: http://boothiebarn.com/2014/06/27/john-w...vertebrae/

Here's one of my pictures of the vertebrae side by side with the image from the book:

[Image: stolen-booth-vertebrae-picture-comparison.jpg]

So this guy has clearly stolen my pictures and is now using them, without my permission to sell his silly book.

Now, I don't have a problem with people sharing my pictures or even using them for educational purposes. That's why I watermark some of my pictures, so people can see where they came from.

But, this is blatant copyright infringement / theft right? He's using my personal photographs, without my permission and without even acknowledging the source of the images, and is gaining financially (On Amazon the eBook costs $7.99, the paperback $16.95, and the hardcover is $24.95) from them by using them to sell his book.

Not only am I mad that someone is gaining financially by using my photos without my permission, but the fact that my photos are on the cover of a book perpetuating such sloppy history is even worse.

I would appreciate any advice on how to handle this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Conspiracy Between the Union Army and John Wilkes Booth to Assassinate Lin - Dave Taylor - 08-09-2015 03:25 PM