Was there an assassin on Grant's train?
06-22-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Was there an assassin on Grant's train?
John, a long list. The more I learn, the more questions I have.

Some of the items you mentioned I don't know much about. Can you tell us a little more, and I only need a brief answer and perhaps a reference on where I can read more?

Who is #5, Jack Cade?
What was the Campbell Hospital Fiasco in #7
I know McMillan, #12-17, (who testified at Surratt's trail), is mentioned in Weichmann and Jampoler's book. Are Surratts comments to him confirmed by any other witness? Are there other sources to verify McMillan's statements?
Do we know anything about McMillan's reputation? Was he a reliable witness? (I have my doubts)

A question for Rick Smith, or anyone else. I don't know much about John Surratt. What little I have read (and maybe I missed it) doesn't show him in a favorable light. Has any one written anything that shows some of his outstanding qualities, specific examples of his behavior or actions that might show another and better side of him? I would like more than a general letter of reference or comment from a priest he knew years before the war.

Please take your time answering. This is an area of Lincoln's assassination that I don't know much about, and am a bit confused by what I think I know.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread