Last eye witness on "I have a secret"
06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Last eye witness on "I have a secret"
(05-26-2015 11:51 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  His account is in "We Saw Lincoln Shot", and more about him you find in Tom Bogar's "Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination". (Toia, if you haven't read it - a must-read!!) Joseph Hazelton was the program boy who was eleven on April 14. He was the longest survivor of the theater crew and pursued an acting career, personally encouraged by JWB. In the early 20th century he performed in 34 silent films ("forgettable shorts"). He died on Oct.9, 1936 and is buried in Hollywood Memorial Park Cemetery. To his death he claimed JWB wasn't killed in the barn but escaped to South America.

Judge Charles E. Bull impersonating Lincoln and JOSEPH H. HAZELTON, who was program boy at Ford’s Theatre the night that Lincoln was shot and who witnessed the tragedy. (The Los Angeles Times, Sept. 14, 1923). Both are standing near a chair Thomas Lincoln made with a jackknife to meet dentist Dr. Jesse Hall’s bill. The chair was on exhibition at the Los Angeles Biltmore Hotel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last eye witness on "I have a secret" - Hess1865 - 05-14-2015, 09:06 AM
RE: Last eye witness on "I have a secret" - loetar44 - 06-01-2015 03:45 PM