I Need Help...
04-02-2015, 02:40 PM
I Need Help...
Quite unexpectly, I have become engaged in corresponding with an elderly gentleman who is a doubting Thomas when it comes to the accuracy of history that we have been subjected to over the years. And yes, I am behaving myself...

He has hit me with several questions that I cannot answer. If you can help, I will pass the answers on to him.

#1 Was Capt. David Todd ever put on trial? While it was no secret that Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd had far from an ideal marriage, the only time Lincoln aides saw her slap her husband across the face was on the boat back from Richmond in April 1865. Naturally there is a reason she did this. And it probably had to do with Mary's half brother David Todd. (from me - did this really happen? What was it all about other than what I presume is Confederate leanings? )

#2 Why was Jefferson Davis never put on trial for treason? Edwin Stanton believed that Davis was the mastermind behind the assassination, but there was never enough bona fide evidence of this. However, many people in the North thought that Davis should be hanged as a traitor. And what did Davis do after the war? (I have my own thoughts on this one, but would appreciate input).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I Need Help... - L Verge - 04-02-2015 02:40 PM
RE: I Need Help... - Thomas Thorne - 04-02-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: I Need Help... - Thomas Thorne - 04-11-2015, 11:42 AM
RE: I Need Help... - L Verge - 04-11-2015, 02:16 PM