Exploring Lincoln - Great Historians Reappraise Our Greatest President
03-29-2015, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 01:23 PM by LincolnToddFan.)
RE: Exploring Lincoln - Great Historians Reappraise Our Greatest President
Laurie, yes I agree. I have been very partisan pro-Mary on this board but let's face it-her pathological selfishness was one of her most notorious traits. Knowing why she was so neurotic about keeping Tad with her does not make me feel any less sad for his fate. One wonders what might have happened if he had not been subjected to the cold, damp climate in Germany and the ocean crossing that triggered his final illness. And he never ever complained for himself, instead telling a journalist shortly before his death that attacks on his mother made him unhappy.

Poor kid.Sad

[What happened to Tad's effects? Did Mary hold on to them, or give them away]//quote

Susan, I too would love to know how his final effects were handled even though I know it couldn't have been much. His financial inheritance was given to Mary but she turned it over to Robert because she felt he needed it more with his growing young family. It's a rare example of Mary NOT exhibiting selfishness.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exploring Lincoln - Great Historians Reappraise Our Greatest President - LincolnToddFan - 03-29-2015 01:11 PM