The Carriage Ride of April 14th VIDEO
03-24-2015, 01:41 PM
RE: The Carriage Ride of April 14th VIDEO
(03-22-2015 09:04 AM)Gene C Wrote:  
(03-21-2015 10:40 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Upon seeing the carriage (which is quite touching), I wonder and would like to ask forum members - how did four persons, two of them with expanding hoop skirts, and one with expanding legs, fit in such a (one! Not two opposite benches as I had always assumed before) small seat???

I was wondering how a lady would get in and out of the carriage while wearing a hoop skirt?

Was this the main carriage they used? Doesn't look all that practical for inclement weather. Was this the carriage Mary was thrown from?

I have both entered, sat down, and ridden in similar carriages while dressed in my hoops. Once a lady is trained in how to control her skirts, it really isn't that difficult. Slightly lift the skirt in front to mount the step and then place both hands on the sides of your skirt to enter the coach's "door." Once inside, the skirt will bend nicely in the back to sit down, and you just adjust your skirts to make room for anyone/thing beside you. Believe it or not, I used to drive a Chevy Chevette with gears on the floor in my complete outfit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Carriage Ride of April 14th VIDEO - L Verge - 03-24-2015 01:41 PM