"The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation"
03-16-2015, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 05:23 PM by My Name Is Kate.)
RE: "The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation"
I would like to try to clarify something I said in an earlier post that has apparently been misunderstood by some.

My views on physical attraction between people (a subject that I did not bring up) was a reaction to my past experiences of being hit on or pursued (more like harassed) by males who I had no reciprocating interest in, who then turned on me and tried to make me out to others to be things that I was not (use your imagination here) and one of those things was that I must be a racist. Now there is an assumption for you.

And apparently the subject of physical attraction between people was brought into the discussion because it was thought that I had stated that black slaves who were forced to give birth to mulatto offspring, welcomed the infusion of white blood into their veins because it would do their race good. I tried to explain that I was only speculating, based on personal experiences, of what might have gone through the minds of some of the victims. There is a tendency in some victims of assault (I'm trying to avoid being too explicit here) to take on the viewpoint of the victimizer in an attempt to acquire some sort of sense of power, control, or choice where there is actually none at all.

If my comments are still misunderstood, I guess they will just have to remain so because I am through with trying to explain myself to people who, it seems to me, do not want to understand and who have no empathy or respect whatsoever for me and my experiences, even though they claim they do...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Emancipation" - My Name Is Kate - 03-16-2015 05:21 PM