Did JWB visit Mary's boarding house after the assassination?
02-26-2015, 06:38 AM
RE: Did JWB visit Mary's boarding house after the assassination?
(02-25-2015 09:23 PM)L Verge Wrote:  She had served her purpose earlier in the day.

Laurie, this is probably the single biggest reason why I personally believe Weichmann was most likely telling the truth regarding the 9:00 P.M. visitor being Booth. It just makes sense to me that he would check that she had been successful prior to his proceeding on to Ford's.

(02-26-2015 12:47 AM)Susan Higginbotham Wrote:  I think Richards' memory might have been playing tricks with him in 1898--

In 1885 Richards also made the claim that he was in Ford's Theatre at the time Lincoln was shot. Richards said he chased after Booth into the alley and questioned the black boy who had been holding Booth's horse. I believe the evidence is pretty overwhelming that Burroughs was white, but Richards' claim of Burroughs being black was accepted by a small number of assassination authors. Does anyone know if 1885 was the earliest time Richards claimed to be at Ford's? Did he say he was there in earlier accounts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did JWB visit Mary's boarding house after the assassination? - RJNorton - 02-26-2015 06:38 AM