Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly
04-23-2017, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2017 04:44 PM by Gencor.)
RE: Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly
(04-20-2017 09:20 AM)Dave Taylor Wrote:  
(04-20-2017 08:40 AM)Gene C Wrote:  Bill O'Reilly is now no longer with Fox News.

Thank goodness. I know we don't want to get too political here but I have always felt that Mr. O'Reilly and his former network are major contributors to the degradation of facts and reason especially when it comes to history.

Amen to that. You don't have to get political to just know what is right and what is not.

(02-10-2015 07:29 AM)STS Lincolnite Wrote:  I think this was a very accurate review of O'Reilly's book. Thanks for posting Gene.

I never understand, with all of the really great books that have been written about Lincoln and the assassination, why someone would take such a tacky shot like this. I agree that the review was accurate. I just don't understand what Bill O'Reilly thought he would accomplish by putting out something so inadequate to what has come before? It just doesn't make any sense. It certainly doesn't put him in the same league with other real authorities on the history of this subject.

What I expect, when there are newer books written about such subjects, are to see new information coming to light. That is what I want to read. If it is just the same stuff that has already been written, why bother? I don't feel that O"Reilly's book offers anything new at all. I felt that in some cases, he even confuses the truth.

I am undertaking such a journey myself and it has taken me several years and I am not done yet. I wouldn't attempt something that has been done this much, without something new coming to light, to add to the history. Why else would anyone do this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly - Gene C - 02-08-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly - Gencor - 04-23-2017 04:15 PM