The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
02-04-2016, 08:19 AM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
No access to that book, and the link to Steers expert analysis doesn't work for me, either. I'm guessing that the 'published experts' somehow are able to assess that the eyewitness and direct acquaintance of JWBooth was 'mistaken', but scores of years later...the experts are able to 'clear up the confusion'? The autopsy report is interesting on the man shot in the back, the man in the barn leaning on crutches shot by the coward "Boston" Corbett. But again, Corbett went on to make some money at churches and lectures swearing that God had directed his aim to the exact bullet location behind the ear as Lincoln's wound. It gives me pause to think that this 'born again zealot' Boston Corbett would go to those churches and lie before God and lie ABOUT God to naive folks. The autopsy shows Corbett was lying. And I wonder if the bullet was ever found which hit "Booth"? Or what gun or pistol or rifle that Thomas Corbett used to shoot the man, leaning on his crutches in the back? It's been 151 years later now, wonder when we'll find out what weapon it was the the man was shot with? And the odd comment of '2 hours of suffering and horrors of death'. But the man was paralyzed and likely felt little pain at all, from limbs and body which he could not enervate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - Gene C - 01-31-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - maharba - 02-04-2016 08:19 AM