The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
01-15-2016, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2016 12:25 AM by Gene C.)
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
I think you may be overstating the point that historians have overlooked the fact that Corbett stretched the truth and embellished his story. It has been noted, they just haven't made as big a deal out of it as you seem to want to.

Most of the folks on the forum are aware that Corbett was not quite all there (in more ways than one), and Lincoln scholars have not hidden the fact. It is pretty clear the man had some mental problems. It is an interesting piece of history, somewhat troubling, most of us don't find personal satisfaction and pleasure in continually bringing it up.

I'm no psychiatrist, but I did watch a lot of Frasier and the Bob Newhart Show. Seems to me that people who are frequently pointing out how someone else is lying and making misleading statements, pointing out other peoples shortcomings as the major point of their conversation, could have a problem with their own self image and are trying to compensate.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - Gene C - 01-31-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - Gene C - 01-15-2016 11:58 PM