The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
01-12-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth
I could talk about evidence for and against the body being Booth, or narrow to one item which I might say is absolutely diagnostic --either being John Wilkes Booth or that the body could not have been Booth. Also I could spend a lot of energy talking about the mummy and Bates, that it must have been a fraud, who owned it and when, and where it is now, and/or how it was analyzed and matched closely JWBooth. Instead, I proceed on what we absolutely do know and try to run it down from there. There surely absolutely was a living man or men in the era 1870 Texas into Oklahoma 1903 claiming to be John Wilkes Booth. It makes more sense to me to look at the records of that fellow and closely examine all the original material possible, and try to figure out who he actually was. Rather than to say: so and so at such and such date had seen Booth, and therefore we can close our minds to the very real existence of this JWBooth in Texas/Oklahoma. So, to answer your question Susan: I have no book to sell, no website to visit, no DVD for folks to view. I'm looking at the records of the existence of this man, because I believe history demands that it should be done.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - Gene C - 01-31-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: The Legend Of John Wilkes Booth - maharba - 01-12-2016 11:06 AM