What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project?
08-14-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project?
Lynch lived in Massachusetts. I reported the ongoing story first, in my old newsletter, THE LINCOLN LOG. But the outcome developed long after I ceased publication. The best detailed story about it first appeared in Fred Hatch's Assassination Ledger newsletter. Ed Steers wrote about it in two books: "Lincoln Legends" and (in a slitely abbreviated form, I think) in his "Hoaxes." I revealed some details probably not related to either Hatch or Steers in my remarks at the Hall memorial service at the Surratt Society. I believe I gave a copy of those remarks to Laurie. (RIght, Laurie?) The Stanton heir Lynch spoke of was, he said, an illegitimate one. A shewd maneuver, in the event Hall came back to him and said he couldn't find any Stanton heirs who fit the bill. Hall really did his homework about that illegitimate heir, w/ the active assistance of a real Stanton. Yes, Mondale got into it, because of FLoyd Risvold, one of Mondale's influential former constituents. He got Hubert Humphrey involved, too, as I recall. DOn't ask me for more details, puleeze! I spent far too much time on it, which is why I gave all those sources that can be referred to for the whole story. Too bad the fiasco didn't result in anything positive, except for two books Lynch sold me very cheaply -- one being "Lincoln, Booth, and Corbett," and an orig. copy of Creehan's bio, "Laura Keene," with a note from the author tipped in. One of Lynch's claims -- that his purported Stanton heir had the Booth autopsy photo --either the only print or the actual glass negative, or both.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project? - emma1231 - 08-14-2013 04:48 PM