Thread Closed 
Killing Lincoln: The Real Story
12-11-2014, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 11:33 AM by Steven Hager.)
RE: Killing Lincoln: The Real Story
The Neff collection is one of the biggest sources of disinfo in my opinion, and Baker didn't even write that book and wasn't sure what was in it when questioned. He just handed the ghost writer a stack of newsclippings on his illustrious career as a spook. There little to go on there, other than Stanton's perculiar reactions to elements of the Booth manhunt. And it's ok if you don't want to help polish my book, many others will appear soon I'm sure.

I watched how Otto was handled and how every minor detail that could be disputed was marshaled as the grand rebuttal, but most of what he uncovered stands today.

So when you wanted to challenge details of my breezy impromptu dialogue, I gave my tar-baby response. Please, please go after every detail in my book.....and if I find you evidence is indisputable, I will instantly incorporate it into my book. Keep in mind, 15,000 books and 5,000 pages of trial transcripts leaves a lot of wiggle room on both ends.

Meanwhile, yes there are some quotations from Cummings book. All entirely accurate.

When you remarked on bad research, I agreed and brought up the story of a service magazine with cypher in the margins purporting to be Baker's. That's Neff. He did more damage to this investigation than any other single author. But then, that's just my opinion. Funny you support his stuff, I guess you agree with his story about Booth already being married and not getting killed at Garrett's?
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Killing Lincoln: The Real Story - RJNorton - 11-13-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: Killing Lincoln: The Real Story - Hess1865 - 12-05-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Killing Lincoln: The Real Story - Steven Hager - 12-11-2014 11:22 AM