Backstage With Booth
10-26-2014, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 07:29 AM by Gene C.)
Backstage With Booth
by Michael Hurwitz.
Focus of the book is Edmund Spangler. The book contains much of the testimony regarding Spangler, good and bad, presented at his trial. Lot's of interesting & not so interesting info about the behind the scenes activity at Ford's Theater. After reading this it I come away with the impression that Spangler was a victim of over zealous government authorities trying to prove that Booth had help from someone inside the theater. The evidence as supplied in this book indicates he was not guilty of aiding Booth in assassinating President Lincoln.

Several illustrations in the book, but many are too small to be seen clearly. IMO, this is not a must have book, but it is the only one I know of where the primary focus is on Spangler, so it was interesting in that regard. Print is larger than average, so it's easy to read. There did seem to me to be a fair amount of unnecessary information to fill the book. Would have liked more info about Spangler's experiences in prison and after his pardon.

http://www.amazon.com/Backstage-Booth-As...with+booth

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Backstage With Booth - Gene C - 10-26-2014 03:44 PM
RE: Backstage With Booth - Jim Garrett - 10-26-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: Backstage With Booth - RJNorton - 10-27-2014, 05:47 AM
RE: Backstage With Booth - RJNorton - 10-27-2014, 12:42 PM