W. A. Evans: "Mrs. Abraham Lincoln"
11-22-2014, 06:06 AM
RE: W. A. Evans: "Mrs. Abraham Lincoln"
Hi Toia. Yes, I think most books I have say one day. Jean Baker writes, "Six months later, on the afternoon of July 15, 1882, the dreaded anniversary of Tad's death, she collapsed in her bedroom at the Edwardses, and that night lapsed into a coma. In the early morning of July 16 she died of a stroke."

However, I have other books that say she passed away in the evening of July 16, not the morning. Dr. Wayne C. Temple writes, "On Friday, July 14, she arose from bed and walked across her room. On Saturday, the following day, she again walked with some assistance. But that evening at 9:00 P.M. she suffered a stroke of paralysis. Mary Lincoln could not speak, eat, nor move any part of her body. That day, the fifteenth, proved to be the anniversary of Tad's death at Chicago in 1871, and this fact, no doubt, increased her mental anguish. A member of the press learned on Sunday morning that Mary Lincoln was "semi-comatose." She was completely comatose for several hours, and then passed away at 8:15 P.M. July 16, 1882."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: W. A. Evans: "Mrs. Abraham Lincoln" - RJNorton - 11-22-2014 06:06 AM