Help Needed
05-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Help Needed
Several weeks ago, Surratt House received a donation of several books from the estate of the late-author Gordon Samples (Lust for Fame). Most of them are used books that were obviously bought by Mr. Samples as used books. Some of them have already made it to our Used Book table in our gift shop.

One was something new to me, however, and before I slap a price tag on it and stick on the table, I would like some advice. It is a thin (131 pages), but over-sized book entitled Meet Mr. Lincoln. It was published in 1960 by NBC, obviously as a companion piece to a Project Twenty (?) broadcast event for the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's birth (1959). The program was sponsored by the Lincoln National Life Insurance Company. The creators/editors are Donald B. Hyatt and Richard Hanser.

Does anyone know anything about the NBC program and/or this accompanying book? Excellent array of photos with minimal text that is obviously taken from the audio portion of the television show. I think this is something that Richard Sloan might know about, so I hope he will respond here so that all can get educated.

The Foreword of the book is a well-done tribute to Mr. Lincoln. It's a little long, but I am going to post it separately under the Legacy thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Help Needed - L Verge - 05-16-2014 01:28 PM
RE: Help Needed - Gene C - 05-16-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: Help Needed - L Verge - 05-16-2014, 04:18 PM