Your personal choice of actors who have portrayed Lincoln
06-13-2013, 10:52 PM
RE: Your personal choice of actors who have portrayed Lincoln
My apologies to Fritz Klein, Jim Getty, and Roy Dotrice, among others. Huston is still my all-time favt. Lincoln. Too bad the film was so awful, esp. the scenes with Una Merkel (Ann Rutledge).
LEisch was pretty bad in the Wolper show, which encouraged the thought that Stanton might have been beh. the murder. (Other than that, it was a great show!) The Stanton of the piece was the young Robt. Prosky, who told me in person that he devised his own make-up. Reminds me of Joe Henabery, who also did his own make-up for Griffith's "Birth of a Nation" . Griffith's film marred by Abe reprising words from the second inaugural from the Prez. box at the theatre. Real corn. Ian Keith as JWB also corney as hell, but that's the way Booth had been depicted , as a cardboard villain. (By the way, 26 yrs. later Ian Keith played Booth's father on Bway in a Bway play ("Edwin Booth"), and Massey played his dad 17 yrs. after "Abe Lincoln in Ill." (in "Prince of Players")
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your personal choice of actors who have portrayed Lincoln - emma1231 - 06-13-2013 10:52 PM