Inherited 26 1865 New York Herald Lincoln Assassination Newspapers
12-06-2013, 01:28 AM
RE: Inherited 26 1865 New York Herald Lincoln Assassination Newspapers
You can best believe I thought of the same thing about touching the papers before I went ahead and took my photographs of them so I washed my hands with dawn dish soap before and also several times throughout ..I used to work on things where oil on hands was a major factor due to the fact the coating would not adhere to the product if you did have oil on your hands while working on it..denatured alcohol is what I used all of the time at work and wiped hands clean many many times each day..its become a habit of mine from that alone
Now its great to hear that we do not need to worry about it anyhow but out of habit I'll do it anyways, especially in touching something so incredibly historic
When I first opened that wood box and then realized what they were I instantly shouted out "oh my god it's the holy grail".. I truly do love and respect history and I don't think my adrenaline level has come down in the slightest yet either!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inherited 26 1865 New York Herald Lincoln Assassination Newspapers - Eagleeye1965 - 12-06-2013 01:28 AM