Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination
10-25-2013, 07:12 PM
RE: Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination
I arrived home today to see my copy of Tom's book waiting for me. I know what I'll be reading this weekend.

I have to say that this may sound silly, but I'm charmed with the book after seeing the front of the dust jacket. The title, subtitle and author's name are in fonts reminiscent of 19th-century posters; but what impressed me the most was the small print of the infamous lithograph of Booth shooting from behind with Mrs. Lincoln's arms thrown up in fright and Rathbone looking towards the sound of the gun.

The print has been beautifully reproduced in soft pastel colors. I love pastels, but am so used to seeing this print in black and white or in heavy tones of black and red that this rendition just jumped off the cover at me. It's just one of those little things in life...

Flipping through the pages, I was also very happy to see how many experts in our field were acknowledged - and it brought special joy to see Roger Norton offer a small review and also be acknowledged both personally and professionally for his help and for the information that has been stored for posterity in this wonderful forum of his.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination - L Verge - 10-25-2013 07:12 PM
RE: Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination - Hess1865 - 10-25-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination - Hess1865 - 11-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Congrats again - Matt Macoubrie - 11-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination - Rhatkinson - 10-08-2014, 03:38 PM