My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address"
12-02-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address"
Just when I thought I was having a down day, I opened up the mail and things perked up. I received a letter from a longtime member of the Surratt Society from North Carolina with a Life Membership form and payment to enroll his grandson in the Surratt Society. I have watched this child grow up because he and his grandfather have attended every Surratt conference since Jon-Robert was about ten years old. His closing paragraph, however, made my day:

We appreciate the kindness you have shown to Jon-Robert over the years … many members of the Society have been so encouraging of him. He has really enjoyed every conference and tour we have attended. They have inspired him to do more reading. The Society first sparked then nurtured his interest in history. He took the SAT Subject Test in U.S. History and scored a perfect 800. I am sure his interest in history will continue when he goes to college and for the rest of his life. Our thanks to you and the Society for the important role you have played in this.

Another good example that education does not have to be limited to the classroom.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My "150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address" - L Verge - 12-02-2013 12:37 PM